GDD is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how GDD collects and uses your information. If we ask, you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using the website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Policy.
GDD may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are satisfied with any changes. If you do not agree or are not comfortable with any of the actions described in this Policy, your remedy is to discontinue your use of this website. This Policy is effective from January 27, 2015.
When We Collect Information
We collect information from you when you use our website in a variety of ways, including but not limited to the following:
- Visiting pages on our website;
- Making an online donation;
- Completing surveys;
- Registering for a program or an event; and
- Registering to participate in an advocacy or public awareness campaign.
What We Collect When You Visit Our Website
We may collect personal and non-personal information that you choose to supply to GDD such as the following:
Personal information, such as:
- Contact information including name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number;
- Demographic and other information including job title, postcode, preferences, and interests;
- Financial information such as credit card number, expiration date, security code, bank routing number, and account number;
Non-personal information, such as:
- Session cookies to help you navigate through our website when you log into a password-only area;
- Internet protocol (“IP”) address and browsing variables (e.g., domain from which you access the Internet, time you spend at our website, etc.);
- Other information pertaining to our alumni program; and
- Cookies that help us recognize when you re-visit our website.
What We Do With the Information We Gather
Generally, we request and use personal information to carry out the transactions that you request, such as making a donation and participating in events. We also use information, such as cookies and IP information, to understand your needs and provide you with a better online experience.
More specifically, we may use your personal information and non-personal information for the following reasons:
- Enter your information into our databases for internal record keeping, reporting, and data analysis;
- Communicate with you to obtain your input, provide information on our programs and events, or request contributions, provided you have opted in to receive such communications;
- Improve our programs and services;
- Customize the website according to your interests;
- Share information with third parties who help us manage our website and databases;
- Share information with our partners, affiliates, and other third parties who assist us with our activities and programs. These vendors and service providers help us with functions such as fulfilling orders, managing data, processing donations, and marketing;
- Share financial donor postal mailing lists with other non-profits and third parties (however, donor e-mail addresses are not included in the list exchanges);
- Share information with third parties as required by law, or a part of a legal process, including tax filing;
- Share information (e.g., your name and address) with third parties if you make a donation in honor or memory of a third party; and
- Reserve the right to use non-personal information, such as IP addresses, to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to protect the compelling interests of the website, our alumni, donors, customers, or others, or to comply with laws, court orders, or law enforcement requests.
Your Choice to Opt Out
We provide you with the opportunity to “opt out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. If you no longer wish to receive GDD communications, you may opt out of receiving such communications by following the instructions included in the communication.
If you would like to immediately opt-out of all communications, please include “Remove from Mailing/Email Lists” in the subject line of an email to email@example.com.
If you would like to opt out of sharing personal information, please include “No Rent/No Exchange” in the body of your email.
Donations – We Care About Doing It Right
We are committed to accuracy and precision in processing your contribution information. We employ a variety of error-checking procedures, and our systems are subject to independent external and internal audits to ensure the privacy, security, and accurate processing of your information.
If you need to contact us to make corrections to your information or to be removed from a mailing list, please include “Remove from Mailing/Email Lists” in the subject line of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is My Credit Card Information Secure?
We use a variety of safeguards to protect the security of your credit card transactions. We use technologies and processes such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, physical security, and other measures. These measures make it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept the credit card information you send to us. When we work with other companies to process credit card transactions, many of those companies also use encryption and/or other security measures.
Is My Personal Information Secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such websites and this Policy does not govern such websites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you the ability to opt out of having your personal information or online activities collected. Unless you have selected the “do not track” function, third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our website.
If you have any questions about this Policy or the practices of our website, please write to Global Digital Divide, Inc.